Power Up with Breakfast
Breakfast gives you energy to start the day. A healthy breakfast is important for everyone.
Get the morning nutrition you need with these quick breakfast ideas.
• Make instant oatmeal with low-fat milk instead of water. Toss in raisins or dried cranberries and chopped walnuts.
• Layer low-fat plain yogurt with your favorite crunchy cereal and blueberries.
• Blend a breakfast smoothie with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana.
• Make one packet of microwave oatmeal with low-fat milk. Mix in 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce. Sprinkle with apple pie spice or cinnamon.
• Top a toaster waffle with low-fat yogurt and peach slices.
• Stuff a whole-wheat pita with a sliced, hard-cooked egg and low-fat shredded cheese.
• Spread a flour tortilla with peanut butter. Add a whole banana and roll it up.
• Spread low-fat cream cheese on a whole-grain toasted bagel. Top with sliced strawberries.
• Add lean ham and low-fat Swiss cheese to a toasted whole-grain English muffin.
If your taste buds just don’t crave breakfast foods, try these:
• Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole-grain bread
• Leftover veggie pizza
• Deli turkey, a slice of low-fat cheese and lettuce wrapped in a tortilla
• Leftover rice mixed with low-fat yogurt, dried fruit and nuts. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Power up with a healthy breakfast and you’re off to a great start!