Cinnamon Hibiscus Tea
This tea serves multiple purposes. It is great for persons with hypertension, as well as it helps to lower sugar levels.
This recipe makes one serving.
- 2 tbsp. of dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1⁄4 tsp. of ground cinnamon)
- 12 oz. of filtered water
- Place both hibiscus flowers and cinnamon in a mug. (A tea infuser would be ideal if available)
- Bring water to a boil and pour into the mug
- Allow tea to steep for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Strain the flowers and cinnamon from tea.
- Sweeten with a little stevia and add a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
- Sip and enjoy.
This tea can be served both hot and cold. For iced tea, double the amount of hibiscus and cinnamon, then pour over ice.
Recipe from Bahleaf Premium Teas