Monitoring Blood Sugar
Monitoring your blood sugar level is an important part of controlling your diabetes. Work closely with your diabetes care team to make sure you’re able to self-manage as best you can.
Remember to keep your meter and supplies with you at all times. Check expiration dates as needed.
Track your numbers in a log or diary using an app or even pen and paper.
Diabetes changes over time, so see your diabetes care team regularly.
5 Things to Ask your Doctor
1. What is my target blood sugar range?
2. How often should I check my blood sugar?
3. What do these numbers mean?
4. Are there patterns that show I need to change my diabetes treatment?
5. What changes need to be made to my diabetes care team?