Ten Ways to Be 1% Better Everyday
The idea of becoming a better person can be daunting. You may ask yourself questions like, “What does a better me look like?”, “What do I have to do to get there?” And most importantly, “Where do I start?”
Becoming better is a lifelong process. Being a better person than we were yesterday is a constant goal we should carry with us to motivate us to strive to become the best version of ourselves each and every day.
Achieving goals comes from creating new habits, or breaking old ones. Think of it this way, your goal is at the top of the staircase and habits are the steps that will get you there.
Becoming better takes time. Starting small by focusing on becoming just 1% better each day will help train your mind to develop habits over time.
Here are ten ways you can become just 1% better each day.
- Make your steps goal.
- Get to bed early.
- Organize your meds & supplies.
- Pick a recipe to meal prep for the week.
- Don’t use social media 1-hour after waking up.
- Exercise 30 minutes per day.
- Drink at least 64oz of water each day.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Listen to a podcast on your way to or from work.
- Write your thoughts and feelings in a journal each day.
Choose your own habits and practice them daily. Don’t forget to track your progress!
Remember: It’s okay to fall off track…but don’t stay there! Get back to your routine asap.